Research & News
M&A - Emerging & Frontier Markets
AIM Summit Webinar Series
11 June 2021
Speakers: William Reichert and Jad Ellawn
- What are the general risk factors that are prevalent within emerging markets?
- What do investors typically look at that is different in emerging and frontier M&A markets as opposed to developed M&A markets?
- In what ways has economic uncertainty since the beginning of COVID-19 made reaching valuations more difficult, particularly during the volatile early phases of the pandemic?
- COVID-19 ultimately pushed emerging and frontier markets towards a drastic digital transformation. To what extent did M&A facilitate this transformation?
- How do you ensure you are doing a deal with the right governance?
- In 2020, we experienced a year-over-year decline in the number of emerging market deals of approximately 20%. Has deal flow started to pick up this year?
- What legal framework gaps are most difficult to overcome in emerging markets?
- What are the primary differences between SPACs in the United States and SPACs in emerging markets?